M&T Bank RV Loans Review:
- Fast Online Application and Approval: You can apply online from the comfort of your own home in a few minutes. Depending on when you apply, you may get approved in as little as 24 hours.
- Competitive Interest Rates: Compared to other lenders, M&T Bank offers low interest rates that range from 4.49% to 15.49%. A number of factors such as your loan-to-value (LTV) ratio and credit score will likely play a role in your rate.
- Discounts for M&T Bank Customers: If you are an M&T Bank customer who has a M&T MyChoice Premium or Power Checking account or is willing to open one, you may be able to save up to 0.50% on your APR. All you have to do is set up automatic payments.
- No Preapprovals: To apply for an RV loan, you’ll need to provide the details of the exact RV you’d like to purchase. There is no preapproval process that makes it easy to compare rates in advance.
- Not Available Everywhere: You are not eligible for an RV loan from M&T Bank unless you live in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia or Washington, D.C.
- Unclear Fees: The M&T Bank website lacks information about potential fees you’ll need to pay if you take out an RV loan. You must apply to find out what they are.
Who is an M&T Bank RV Loan Best For?
If you’re a current M&T Bank customer with an open checking account, you may be a good candidate for one of its RV loans. You should know exactly what type of RV you’d like to purchase upfront. It’s also ideal if you have a loan-to-value (LTV) ratio of 80% or less and a loan amount of $250,000 or more so you can lock down the lowest rates.
What Type of RV Loans Does M&T Bank Offer?
RV loans from M&T Bank cover motorhomes, truck campers, travel trailers and camping trailers.
What Credit Credit Score Do You Need?
M&T Bank does not reveal credit score requirements for RV loans on its website. What the lender does disclose, however, is that your loan-to-value (LTV) ratio must be 80% or less and loan amount must be $250,000 or more to qualify for the lowest APR.
What Type of APR Can You Expect?
APRs for RV loans from M&T Bank range from 4.49% to 15.49%
Other Financial Products Available
In addition to RV loans, M&T Bank offers loans for other vehicles including cars, motorcycles, and boats. Other loan products such as personal loans and home loans are available as well.
Customer Service Experience
According to reviews on its Better Business Bureau page, many customers have issues connecting to customer service representatives in a timely fashion.
They are often placed on hold for a while or transferred multiple times before they reach the right representative. It’s important to note that most of the negative reviews, however, are related to the bank’s mortgages rather than RV loans.
How to Bank with M&T Bank
With M&T Bank, you can bank online from just about anywhere. Once you log into your account, you’ll find information on your balance and transactions. You’ll also be able to make loan payments and transfer funds between eligible accounts.
If you prefer to bank in-person, you can do so at one of M&T Bank’s 700 branches or over 1,800 ATMs across New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
M&T Bank RV Loans vs. Other RV Loans
Here’s how M&T Bank RV loans compare to RV loans from a few different lenders.
- M&T Bank RV Loans vs. Essex Credit RV Loans: Unlike M&T Bank RV Loans, Essex Credit RV Loans give you the chance to request a rate quote before you apply. This is a huge perk if you’d like to compare all of the options at your disposal. Click here to read our Essex Credit RV loan review.
- M&T Bank RV Loans vs. First National Bank RV Loans: First National Bank RV Loans does not offer an online application process like M&T Bank RV loans. You have to visit a local branch in order to apply.
- M&T Bank RV Loans vs. Seacoast Bank RV Loans: While M&T Bank RV Loans offer decisions in 24 hours, you may get approved the same day you apply with a Seacoast Bank RV loan.
Up to 240 months
To be eligible for an RV loan from M&T Bank, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Live in Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, or West Virginia.
- Hold a valid Social Security Number.
- Have a valid email address.
- Know the year, make, model, mileage, and VIN of the RV you wish to purchase.
How to Apply
To apply for an RV loan from M&T Bank, fill out the short online application form. Make sure you have the following information handy beforehand.
- Social Security Number
- Income & Employment information
- Assets & Liabilities
- E-mail Address
- Year, Make, Model, Mileage and VIN number of RV
- RV Length & Series
Once you complete the form with your personal and loan details, you’ll need to agree to the terms and conditions. You’ll be able to check the status of your application at any time.
The Bottom Line
M&T Bank RV Loans offer a fast online application process and competitive interest rates. If you’re a resident of Washington DC or one of the seven states M&T Bank services, they are certainly RV loans worth considering.
On the contrary, if you live somewhere else, would like to prequalify for an RV loan before you apply, and are unsure of exactly what type of RV you want, you may want to compare other RV loans.