Galveston, Texas, is one of the most famous destinations in the state. Just a little bit south of Houston, this city is widely known for its historic charm and pristine beaches. The RV culture is very much alive in Galveston. With so many things and places to do and visit, it’s no wonder why Galveston, Texas, is one of the favorite destinations of RV owners. So for your next trip to Texas, here are some of the best RV parks located in Galveston. Are you planning to go on an RV trip to Yosemite National Park? Don’t forget to check out the best RV Parks Near Yosemite.
The Seven Best RV Parks in Galveston, Texas
Stella Mare RV Resort
- Website: https://www.stellamarervresort.com/
- Address: 3418 Stella Mare Ln Galveston, Texas 77554 (Get directions here)
- Phone Number: (409) 632-7017
- RV Site Features: Full hookups, large concrete pads, two-vehicle parking, water, sewer, WiFi, concrete patio with in-ground umbrella holder, access to resort amenities including the splash park and resort pool
- Reviews: 4.7 (1,237 Google reviews)
Stella Mare RV Resort is one of the most established RV resorts in Galveston, Texas. Complete with all amenities plus a top-notch service, this RV park is also rated first on Trip Advisor for Specialty Lodging on Galveston Island. Within the resort, you’ll have full access to Stella Mare’s pools, playgrounds, splash pads, dog parks, and an accessible beach pass in front of the resort. The resort also hosts community fire rings and BBQ nights.
Jamaica Beach RV Park
- Website: https://www.jamaicabeachrvresort.com/
- Address: 17200 Termini-San Luis Pass Road, Galveston, Texas 77554 (Get directions here)
- Phone Number: (409) 632-0200
- RV Site Features: Full hookups, propane, water, sewer, electric, concrete pads, restroom and shower, laundry, cable TV, WiFi, picnic tables, clubhouse, community kitchen, sauna, and outdoor hot tub
- Reviews: 4.5 (900 Google reviews)
Jamaica Beach RV Park is a great place to enjoy an unobstructed view of the Gulf of Mexico and the Galveston Bay area. The resort’s pull-through RV sites are fully equipped with amenities that are essential to your comfort. Located just five minutes away from the main beach, you’ll have the choice to stay and relax within the resort or go outdoors and enjoy the beauty of Galveston, Texas.
Dellanera RV Park
- Website: https://www.galveston.com/lodging/rvpark/dellanera/
- Address: 10901 San Luis Pass Rd. Galveston, Texas 77554 (Get directions here)
- Phone Number: (409) 797-5102
- R Site Features: Full hookups, electricity, water, dump station, restroom and showers, laundry, WiFi, and beach access
- Reviews: 4.5 (523 Google reviews)
With a quaint pond on the side and a pristine stretch of beach on the other, Dellanera RV Park is a top site choice for those who enjoy water activities under the sun. The beach is mere steps away from your RV, which is ideal if you want to spend the day seamlessly back and forth on the waters. This RV site is also equipped with a children’s park. Fair warning, though, there is not much shade within Dellanera, and there’s no resort pool. But if two bodies of water surround you, not having a pool is not a significant blow. You can choose to park your RV oceanfront, lagoon side, or pull-through.
Galveston Island KOA RV Resort
- Website: https://koa.com/campgrounds/galveston/
- Address: 23700 San Luis Pass Road Galveston, Texas 77554 (Get directions here)
- Phone Number: (409) 200-2745
- RV Site Features: Full hookups, propane, restroom and shower, laundry, cable TV, paid WiFi, public pavilion, deck, pool, hot tub and sauna, KampK9, general store, and fishing pond
- Reviews: 4.6 (515 Google reviews)
A KOA RV site, Galveston Island Resort is located just across the beach and a shy of half an hour drive from Downtown Galveston. Everything in this RV site screams luxury —from its large clubhouse to well-manicured lawns. In the resort, you’ll have full access to their pools, hot tub, lazy river, a private catch-and-release lake, and instant access to the beach. Galveston KOA is also a quick ride to Downtown Galveston so visiting other local attractions isn’t a hassle. The resort also offers a shuttle ride back and forth to the town at your leisure.
Galveston Island State Park
- Website: https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/galveston-island
- Address: 14901 FM3005, Galveston, Texas 77554 (Get directions here)
- Phone Number: (409) 737-1222
- RV Site Features: Partial hookups, electricity, water, picnic table, shade shelter, lantern post, fire ring with grill, and nearby restroom and shower.
- Reviews: 4.5 (1,813 Google reviews)
Choose to camp right beside the Gulf or by the bay in Galveston Island State Park. It’s a great place to unwind and isolate yourself from the stress of life, thanks to the diverse nature situated in this park. You can choose to spend a day out in the waters to swim and fish, take a scenic walk or go mountain biking in the park trail. If you’re an outdoor person, then the Galveston Island State Park might be an excellent fit for you. It’s worthy to note that the RV campsites are limited in the park, so make sure that you book your reservations ahead of time.
Blue Water RV Resort
- Website: https://www.bluewaterrvpark.com/
- Address: 11511 Bluewater Highway Freeport, Texas 77541 (Get directions here)
- Phone Number: (979) 239-4301
- RV Site Features: Full hookups, water, sewer, electric, cable TV, restroom and shower, laundry, storage, on-site store, semi-private dock, WiFi, picnic table, pool, and private boat ramp with fishing pier.
- Reviews: 4.3 (250 Google reviews)
The campgrounds of Blue Water RV park are made for fishing enthusiasts who came to Galveston to spend every minute of their vacation in the water. Smacked right on the Gulf of Mexico between Galveston and Surfside Beach, this resort gives you the best of sandy beaches and the serenity of the Bay. Each RV site has unrestricted and unobscured access to the canal, making it perfect for those who brought their private boats.
San Luis Pass County Park
- Website: https://www.brazoriacountytx.gov/departments/parks-department/san-luis-pass
- Address: 14001 CR 257 Blue Water Highway Freeport, Texas 77541 (Get directions here)
- Phone Number: (979) 233-6026
- RV Park Features: Full hookups, water, sewer, electricity, restroom, cabins, climate-controlled public areas, public kitchenette, interpretive center, pavilion, playground, fish-cleaning stations, paved parking, and boat launch.
- Reviews: 4.5 (678 Google reviews)
Historically, San Luis County Park is built used to a popular back entry into Galveston Bay and was used by pirates and smugglers. Now, it’s a peaceful fishing spot for many RV owners.
The San Luis Pass extends up to 15 acres of bay park, which is plenty of space for you to do various outdoor activities. Besides boating and bay fishing, you can also participate in bird watching, beachcombing, and nature viewing.
However, it’s important to mention that there is a restricted water area in San Luis Pass. You can get fined if you enter these areas on foot. Make sure to follow all signages and instructions posted on the site.
Make Your RV Trip To Galveston, Texas Possible
Galveston, Texas, has a lot to offer more than its amazing RV parks and resorts. Getting there via an RV is one of the best ways to experience the city, not to mention that it’s cost-effective compared to checking in on hotels and inns.
Make your RV dreams come true with us and get the best RV loans that fit your pocket. Apply now and get connected to our trusted RV loan partners today. Check out rvloanrates.com for more information.